There are many different kinds of alternative medicine techniques that can be found in Brisbane. There are also many different components that are found in alternative medicine and some even overlap into conventional medicine such as acupuncture. Below are just some common forms of alternative medicine that are often offered.
Traditional alternative medicine – This is the field of alternative medicine that includes the more mainstream and more accepted types of therapy like acupuncture, homeopathy and other Oriental practices. This type of alternative medicine has been practiced for several centuries all over the world. This type includes the following and you should be able to find them easily in Brisbane:
- Chinese or Oriental medicine
– This is where touch is very important and it has been used in all types of medicine since the beginnings of medical care. Healing by touching focuses on the idea that an injury or an illness that is located in a particular part of the body can and will affect the rest of the body. It is believed that by manual manipulation other parts of the body can be brought back to health and then the body is able to concentrate better on healing the area that really needs the most healing. The types of therapy you might find in Brisbane for body is listed below:
Diet and herbs
- Chiropractic medicine
- Body movement therapies
- Tai Chi
– Through the centuries, people have gone from a very simple diet of meats, fruits, grains and vegetables to a diet that now also includes fats, oils and complex carbohydrates. Because of this problems with nutritional excess and nutritional deficiency has arisen in not only Brisbane but most of the world and because of society's diets they can often lead to chronic diseases. So, there are many different dietary and herbal approaches that try to balance the body. A couple of these approaches are through dietary supplements and herbal medicine.
– Some believe that there are external forces or energy that come from objects or other types of sources that will and can affect the health of a person, example of the therapies that believe this way would be:
- Electromagnetic therapy
– Both standard and alternative medicines recognize the power of the connection between the body and the mind. Many studies have shown that people often heal better if they have good mental and emotional health. Some therapies that use the mind would be:
– Some believe also that the senses such as touch, hearing, smell, taste and sight can all affect the overall well being of a person so they have therapies that deal with these different senses that are listed here:
- Art therapy
- Dance therapy
- Music therapy
- Visualization and guided imagery
Whatever it is that you might be interested in, you should have no problem with finding someone that offers one or more of these therapies in your area.