Acupressure points are points of the body that are very important to anyone who practices acupuncture in Brisbane. They are points of the body that are held or massaged for three to five minutes or longer until there is a change in a client's condition. These points are often located by what is called the cun measurement which is a relative measurement tool that is used.
With acupressure points all who practice in Brisbane know that there are four major categories, chest and abdomen points, head, scalp, shoulder points, arm and hand points and leg and feet points.
Any good acupuncturist in Brisbane are going to know these well and know how to treat each client differently for their individual needs. Below are the names of the different acupressure points and what they can be used for by the acupuncturist.
Chest and Abdomen Points
- Lung (LU) 1 – This is used for coughing, wheezing, shoulder and chest tension as well as for asthma.
- Lung (LU) 2 – This is used for the same things as LU 1.
- Conception Vessel (CV) 17 – This is used for anxiety, coughing, reflux, chest tension and asthma.
- Conception Vessel (CV) 14 – This is used for anxiety, depression, inability to concentrate and chest oppression.
- Conception Vessel (CV) 12 – This is used for stomach and digestive problems like heartburn, diarrhea, nervous stomach and bad digestion.
- Conception Vessel (CV) 6 – This is used for bloating, prolapse, edema and also for general fatigue.
- Conception Vessel (CV) 4 – This is used for general fatigue, low energy, diarrhea and weakness.
Head, Scalp and Shoulder Points
- Governing Vessel (GV) 20 – This is used for headaches, low energy, dizziness and prolapses.
- Gall Bladder (GB) 20 – This is used for neck pain, dizziness and headaches.
- Gall Bladder (GB) 21 – This is used for dizziness, neck pain, shoulder tension, headaches and stress. This one should not be used if a client is pregnant.
Arm and Hand Points
- Lung (LU) 7 – This is used for sneezing, chills, runny nose and sore throats.
- Lung (LU) 9 – This is used for coughing, asthma and shortness of breath.
- Pericardium (PC) 3 – This is used for the stomach and digestive issues, stuffiness in the chest as well as anxiety.
- Pericardium (PC) 6 – This is used for anxiety, insomnia, nausea, motion sickness as well as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Heart (HT) 7 – This is used for heart palpitations, depression, anxiety and insomnia.
- Small Intestine (SI) 3 - This is used for neck pain, earaches, ringing in the ears and headaches located at the back of the head.
- Large Intestine (LI) 4 – This is used for headaches that are in the front of the head, pain that is anywhere, symptoms of colds like a runny nose, sneezing and coughing.
- Large Intestine (LI) 11 – This is used for fevers, diarrhea and arm and shoulder pain.
Leg and Feet Points
- Stomach (ST) 36 – This is used for depression, low energy, leg pain, low immunity and anxiety.
- Spleen (SP) 6 – This is used for stress, anxiety, low energy and insomnia. This should not be used on pregnant women.
- Liver (LV) 3 – This is used for anger, stress, irritability, headaches of all kind, anxiety and even menstrual pain.
- Kidney (KD, KI) 1 – This is used for palpitations, insomnia, poor memory, anxiety, hot flashes and night sweats.